As a home owner, it can be daunting engaging a trades person and then having to worry about getting your building permit. And as a small business, we understand that your home is your investment and we want to assist you in protecting that investment.

In Victoria, the Victorian Building Authority (VBA) regulates the building industry ( Trade professionals are legislated by the Building Act 1993 (the Act) and Building Regulations 2006 which outline which works require a building permit and which are exempt.

A building permit will specify that either an ‘occupancy permit’ is required or  a ‘certificate of final inspection’ is required on completion of the building work.

If your not sure if you need a building permit, the best way to find out is to contact your local council however, PCM Carpentry is happy to do the leg work on your behalf and guide you in this process. After all, you have better things to do with your time than worry about building permits. So  employ someone to help you improve your home then when the building works are complete, sit back and enjoy your transformed space.